Mobile Privacy Disclosure – Rev. 08/2023
We want you to understand the types of information we access, collect, use, store, and transfer (“Process”) through our mobile banking application (our “App”), including when you are using the App as well as when the App is running in the background. Be assured the App Processes your information only for the following limited purposes:
- to provide you with digital banking and related services (“Services”);
- to maintain & improve our Services;
- to ensure our Services are working as intended, such as tracking outages or troubleshooting issues that you report to us;
- to develop new Services and features;
- to provide you with personalized Services and content;to measure the performance of our App and Services;
- to communicate with you;
- to protect our Institution and customers from fraud, abuse, security risks, and technical issues; and
Information you enter or provide to us
When you register, access, and use the App, you provide us with personal and sensitive information that includes your name, password, government identifiers like your social security number (SSN) or drivers’ license number, phone number, email address, physical or mailing address, financial information, payment information, payment card information, and credit information.
Other information we collect as you use our App
The information we collect includes unique identifiers, browser type and settings, device type and settings, operating system, mobile network information including carrier name and phone number, and application version number. We also collect information about the interaction of your other apps, browsers, and devices with our digital banking services.
Additionally and as described in more detail below, your device may periodically contact our backend digital banking systems to provide information about your device and connection to the digital banking services. This information may include things like your device type and carrier name, crash reports, which apps you’ve installed, and, depending on your device settings, other information about how you’re using your mobile device.
We collect information about your activity in connection with our App, in order to better understand:
- your interactions and behavior associated with App content and features;
- the ways in which you are moving through and navigating the App;
- the Services and features that are most valuable to you;
- areas or stages of the App where you may disengage or get stuck; and – your typical patterns of behavior in connection with the App.
The activity information we collect may include:
- logs, tags, reporting, and other analytics reflecting your specific use of screens, workflows, buttons, and features;
- logs, tags, reporting, and other analytics reflecting your navigation through, engagement with, and disengagement with the App;
- haptic information related to your use of your device (e.g. swipes, taps);
- your financial, payment, and transaction activity and history (including purchase history); and
- your navigation to or activity on third-party sites and apps linked to our App.
This information enables us to improve, modify, or expand the services, features, and experience delivered through the App as well as to support in-App messaging, deliver user guides and polls, and optimize performance of the App. Additionally, and in particular, this information also enables us to detect and flag suspicious or potentially fraudulent activity.
Your device and other apps
We access and collect information related to your device and other Apps along with associated data. This information may be collected both while you use the App and while the App is running in the background or is otherwise not in use.
Information we process concerning your device and other Apps includes:
- your device type;
- your device ID;
- other available device identifiers;
- your device operating system;
- network and IP address information;
- your cellular data carrier; and
- device and app diagnostic information.
Additionally, if our App needs to access protected features of your device, then you will have an opportunity to provide consent. In the event that you decline to provide express consent, then the App will not be permitted to access data gated by your device’s permissions model. Without your express consent, the App will not allow use of the protected feature or related data.
If and when our App accesses your:
- phone or contact book data;
- device location; or
- other background restricted permissions,
Restricted permissions accessed by our App include:
- Use of Fingerprint We collect information about your biometric identifiers when you use our App, which enables us to streamline your authentication and login experience and access our Services with less friction.
- Precise or Fine Location o We collect information about your location when you use our App, which helps us offer features like search results for branch and ATM locations, credit card controls, and messages based on your general location.
- Read or access Contacts, Contacts List, or phone log o We collect information about your contacts when you use our App, which enables us to facilitate requested P2P and other payment transactions.
- Access Camera or Pictures/Photos o We collect information from your device’s camera and photos when you use our App, which enables use of mobile check deposit and other image scanning or capturing features of the App
|FACTS||WHAT DOES CROWN BANK DO WITH YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?|
|Why?||Financial companies choose how they share your personal information. Federal law gives consumers the right to limit some but not all sharing. Federal law also requires us to tell you how we collect, share, and protect your personal information. Please read this notice carefully to understand what we do.|
|What?||The types of personal information we collect and share depend on the product or service you have with us. This information can include:
When you are no longer our customer, we continue to share your information as described in this notice.
All financial companies need to share personal information to run their everyday business. In the section below, we list the reasons financial companies can share their customers personal information; the reasons Crown Bank chooses to share; and whether you can limit this sharing.
|Reasons we can share your personal information||Does Crown Bank share?||Can you limit
|For our everyday business purposes – such as to process your transactions, maintain your account(s), respond to court orders and legal investigations or report to credit bureaus||Yes||No|
|For our marketing purposes – to offer our products and services to you||No||We don’t share|
|For joint marketing with other financial companies||No||We don’t share|
|For our affiliates’ everyday business purposes – information about your transactions and experiences||No||We don’t share|
|For our affiliates’ everyday business purposes – information about your creditworthiness||No||We don’t share|
|For our affiliates to market to you||No||We don’t share|
|For nonaffiliates to market to you||No||We don’t share|
|Questions?||Call 952-285-5800 or go to www.crown-bank.com|
|Who we are|
|Who is providing this notice?||Crown Bank|
|What we do|
|How does Crown Bank protect my personal information?||To protect your personal information from unauthorized access and use, we use security measures that comply with federal law. These measures include computer safeguards and secured files and buildings.|
|How does Crown Bank collect my personal information?||We collect your personal information, for example, when you
We also collect your personal information from others, such as credit bureaus, affiliates, or other companies.
|Why can’t I limit all sharing?||Federal law gives you the right to limit only
State laws and individual companies may give you additional rights to limit sharing.
|Affiliates||Companies related by common ownership or control. They can be financial and nonfinancial companies.
|Nonaffiliates||Companies not related by common ownership or control. They can be financial and nonfinancial companies.
|Joint marketing||A formal agreement between nonaffiliated financial companies that together market financial products or services to you.