As billions of dollars are flowing to businesses around the country, companies of all sizes need to be on the lookout for scammers trying to divert those payments. Here are a few quick tips for businesses to avoid predators:
- Pay attention to email addresses and make sure it matches up to your bank’s email. Emails shouldn’t be coming from a gmail account.
- Watch for multiple misspellings in an email.
- Your bank wouldn’t be asking you to send personal information such as a social security number or account number by an email.
- If your email has been breached go through the process of scanning your computer for malicious viruses and change your passwords.
- Be cautious and pick up the phone to call your banker directly to verify any information.
“It’s now more important than ever to have a banker who knows your business and has your back,” said Jeff Wessels, President and COO of Crown Bank. “One thing we guarantee is that as your community bank, we will pick up the phone and talk you through any situation that comes up in these unprecedented times.”